Ok. So. Life is treating me like a blueberry banana poppyseed muffin. (I mean, scrumptiously).
Over the last three weekends, I have been to Finland, London, and Nottingham, coming back to Scotland in between, so that I have been cooking dinners, drinking Guinness, and practicing mindful Buddhism at various intervals. This weekend I’m running in the Rock ‘n Roll half marathon in Edinburgh. I have a friend who’s decided to run it with me and we have made exciting plans. My birthday is this week. GT is in a play tomorrow and Friday, that I will get to see. I have made plans to eat fried rice on Friday. And my sister and I are planning a trip to Barcelona.
Dude. It’s good life.
sunshine on my shoulders
It is officially the worst to be sick.
However, there is also good news, which I am choosing to list because I am in no mood for writing anything extensive. Jotting might just get me there, though, and I should at least acknowledge all the excitement and hilarity of my recent/future life. In no particular order:
- Finland in two days with my ab-fab cousin who has assured me that we will be engaging in the Finnish Sauna experience, but that he will allow me and even encourage me to wear a bathing suit — though it is not the traditional way.
- My favorite (not favourite) group of boys came to town and witnessed what happens when I’m nervous with access to Guinness. Most importantly, however, we discovered a jazz bar in Edinburgh, and also that five to seven people can share any room.
- Running has been inhibited by visitors and illness. I’m getting back on the wagon today, though — or off the wagon? I don’t know how this metaphor works with running.
- It’s officially a St. Andrews spring break. This means that we have more time off, as usual, than anyone could possibly know what to do with. Me? I planned three weekend trips because I got overwhelmed by the prospects.
- Weekend trip #2 is back to London. It will be awesome.
- Weekend trip #3 is a Buddhist retreat. Killah.
- Things I must do now: sign up for the flattest half marathon route in the world. Buy a ticket to Delhi and a ticket to Barcelona. Convince a nice girl in Edinburgh to let me stay with her on a Sunday night in the near future. Go for a short, yet lively run.
- ON IT!
A) Imagine interesting ways to use a microwave.
- For example, you can make scrambled eggs with cheese that will exceed the quality of catering services’ fare, especially if you have applewood smoked cheddar cheese and free range eggs.
B) Always check to make sure your alarm clock is set for the morning, if you want to wake up in the morning.
C) Guinness is the best beer.