It is officially the worst to be sick.
However, there is also good news, which I am choosing to list because I am in no mood for writing anything extensive. Jotting might just get me there, though, and I should at least acknowledge all the excitement and hilarity of my recent/future life. In no particular order:
- Finland in two days with my ab-fab cousin who has assured me that we will be engaging in the Finnish Sauna experience, but that he will allow me and even encourage me to wear a bathing suit — though it is not the traditional way.
- My favorite (not favourite) group of boys came to town and witnessed what happens when I’m nervous with access to Guinness. Most importantly, however, we discovered a jazz bar in Edinburgh, and also that five to seven people can share any room.
- Running has been inhibited by visitors and illness. I’m getting back on the wagon today, though — or off the wagon? I don’t know how this metaphor works with running.
- It’s officially a St. Andrews spring break. This means that we have more time off, as usual, than anyone could possibly know what to do with. Me? I planned three weekend trips because I got overwhelmed by the prospects.
- Weekend trip #2 is back to London. It will be awesome.
- Weekend trip #3 is a Buddhist retreat. Killah.
- Things I must do now: sign up for the flattest half marathon route in the world. Buy a ticket to Delhi and a ticket to Barcelona. Convince a nice girl in Edinburgh to let me stay with her on a Sunday night in the near future. Go for a short, yet lively run.
- ON IT!