A. Do not be afraid to take a break.
- From anything. Seriously, from running or writing or being really strict with yourself on that diet. Or whatever.
- For real. But don’t do anything extreme. Taking a break is good as long as it doesn’t result in extreme unhealthy life conditions.
- Ok, so #2 was probably obvious, but I didn’t want to be responsible for anyone else’s bad decision-making as a result of unclear advice.
B. Working 90-100 hours per week is possible.
C. Over-attachment to one’s mobile device is unhealthy.
D. The best non-caffeinated beverage at Starbucks is the venti soy Refresh tea misto.
- “Refresh” is mint. Yum.
- Second best is in the frapuccino section. Probably green tea.
E. Running in the rain is not nearly as unpleasant as you might imagine, unless you run without key items like headbands to cover your cold ears or a water proof jacket or an episode of This American Life to listen to on your i-pod.
- Radio Lab is a reasonable substitute when you run out of This American Life.
- Headphones are also important.
- And a grandiose pancake breakfast afterwards.
F. If you have two-year-old twins for your niece and nephew, it may be a good idea to take them to Trader Joe’s because they have baby carts there.
- It may also be a good idea to pick apples with them and find them lots of books at thrift stores and it is very important that you know about bath time and bike riding.